All about District Dollars
1What is District Dollars?
District Dollars is an account that District 36 runs for your club. Every time the club wins an incentive, the money goes into the club’s District Dollars account.
2Why do we need District Dollars?
- Due to Internal Revenue Service rules, Toastmasters International has prohibited districts from awarding third party gift cards (certificates) or cash as incentives. - Clubs will be awarded District Dollars for achieving certain incentive goals set by District 36. - District Dollars can be used to reimburse clubs for allowable expenses. Per Toastmasters International policy, all reimbursements must be submitted via Concur with documentation (receipts). - All reimbursement requests must be submitted by May 31, 2022.
3What can clubs buy with District Dollars?
Anything that helps the club mission and promote the club’s growth. Such as, Projectors, cameras, microphones, ribbons, pins and other items the club needs to conduct business. - Advertising – club promotion - Food for meetings / open house meetings - Meeting supplies (signage, badges, guest sign-in books, bags or lockers for equipment, etc.) - Toastmasters International store purchases - Printing and Postage - Projectors, cameras, microphones or other AV equipment for meetings - Non-cash (or cash equivalent) member awards & gifts - Educational material / supplies - Other – prior approval from District Director required
4What is my club *not* allowed to buy with District Dollars?
- Alcohol - Gift Cards - Party or Social Gathering Supplies (Open House expenses are reimbursed through Concur) - Membership Dues - Purchasing a Path for a member
5How long do District Dollars last?
District Dollars last throughout the 2021-2022 Toastmaster Year, but Concur requests must be submitted by May 31, 2022.
6How can I check how many District Dollars my club has earned?
You should view the 2021-2022 incentives page on the District 36 Website: https://district36.org/district-incentives-2021/
7How do clubs redeem District Dollars?
When the club buys an item, an individual member submits the expense Report in the Concur system to request reimbursement, identifying the reimbursement to be from the club’s District Dollars account. The item reimbursement request amount must be equal to or less than the money accumulated in the club’s District Dollars account, even if the receipt is for a larger amount.
1What is Concur?
- Concur is the expense reporting system licensed by Toastmasters International for administering district expenses. - Concur accounts are created for individual Toastmasters members who will request reimbursement. - A Toastmasters Concur account is required even if you already have a Concur account through your employer. - Area Directors, Division Directors, and other District officers will also request reimbursement through their Concur account for allowable District 38 reimbursements. - Multiple club members may have accounts and submit requests for allowable District 38 reimbursements. Please coordinate so duplicate requests are not submitted.
2How do I set up my Concur Account?
- Send an email to the District 36 Finance Manager with the following information: > Your legal name > Your preferred email > Your Toastmasters Member Number > Note: Concur deposits will be placed into your bank account. Please use the same name that appears on your account. - Account creation takes approximately 1 week. - Click the link to view the Concur Expense Reporting System Training. - Log into your Concur account by using the Username and temporary password provided via email by the District 38 Finance Manager. - In Concur, update your password to your preferred choice. - Provide Concur with your banking information to receive the reimbursement payments. - Under your Profile options, choose Profile Settings. - Under Expense Settings, choose Bank Information. - Enter your banking information as requested. - It takes up to four business days for Concur to confirm your account. A test transaction will be sent to your account and removed once your account is verified. Once verified, the status of your account will change from “Unconfirmed” to “Confirmed.” At that time you may begin creating your expense reports. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
3How do I create new Expense Reports for reimbursement?
- Concur must be used to submit all qualifying expenses. - Click the link to view the Concur Expense Reporting System Training. - Access Concur at concursolutions.com. - Log in to your Concur account and create a new Report. - Give the report a descriptive name including club # and purpose. Examples: --- July-Sept Zoom Reimbursement for Club 1234. -- 10/1/2021 Open House Reimbursement for Club 1234. - Complete the Details section: --- For clubs this would usually be “Incentives (7082), and Reporting Code: (585) Club Growth Other. - Please ensure that descriptions are properly filled. Comments and notes can be entered as needed. - Any Mileage expense requires submission of the Google map be uploaded as a receipt into the Concur report indicating the distance in miles, the start and end location of your trip, and the reason for the trip. The number of miles needs to be typed in the box marked number of miles in Concur then multiplied by the appropriate rate of 14 cents per mile. - Attach receipts for all expenditures. Receipts may exceed the amount being requested for reimbursement. The Amount being requested for reimbursement cannot exceed the amount of District Dollars earned or the District limit for the expense. - Vouchers/invoices for reimbursement should be legible, complete and have appropriate backup. Credit card statements are NOT valid receipts. - Any purchases in excess of $500 must have preapproval of the District Director. - Any preapprovals obtained from the District Director should also be attached for documentation. - Submit for Approval in Concur. - If returned to you - Make any corrections or additions and resend for approval. - Deadline for submission of all expenses is 60 days after the date the expenditure was incurred. Otherwise, expenses may be disallowed due to late submission. - District Dollars must be used in the Toastmasters Year earned and reimbursement requested in Concur by May 31, 2022. Otherwise, expenses may be disallowed due to late submission. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.