2022 - 2023 Summer WinterTLI Sessions
What Is TLI?
It’s the Toastmasters Leadership Institute, where Toastmasters from across the district come together to network, share ideas, and be inspired. It’s where newly elected club officers receive training on how to best serve their clubs. And it’s where any Toastmaster can expand their skill sets as a communicator and leader with additional educational sessions.
Who Should Attend?
Every Toastmaster can benefit from attending Toastmasters Leadership Institute! Even if you’re not serving as a club officer, “electives” are offered that cover a variety of topics. Our District Calendar is updated as information for upcoming TLIs and registration is submitted. Registration pages will include details for each the TLI, including a breakdown of sessions.
Regardless of whether you’re a club officer, you are welcome to attend, join in the fun, and meet the leaders and future leaders of your district. Each club needs a minimum of four (4) officers to be trained during each training period (June – August, and December – February) to complete Goal 9 – Training of the Distinguished Club Program (DCP). The more officers trained the more successful your club will be in meeting the needs of its members.
Please note that only officers of record may earn the club’s DCP credit for their role. Earning credit is accomplished by attending a training session for their officer role and signing in on the sign-in sheet provided for that session.
Please register for TLI now!
Session #1 - Sunday, June 11, 2023 (2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
Session 1 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm
(pre-plenary session at 1:45pm)
Date: June 11, 2023
Session Times (EasternTime): Session 1 – 2:00pm – 4:00pm (pre-plenary session at 1:45pm)
Session #3 - Details Coming Soon
Session #5 - Details Coming Soon
Session #2 - Sunday June 11, 2023 (4:15 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.)
Date: June 11, 2023
Session Times (Eastern Time): Session 2 – 4:15pm – 6:15pm (pre-plenary session at 4:05pm)
Session #4 - Details Coming Soon
Session #12 - Details Coming Soon
Other District Club Officer Training (COT) or Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) SessionsTLI Sessions
All Summer officer training must be completed by September, 2023!
Toastmasters Leadership Institute is a great opportunity for you to ramp up your own Toastmasters experience, learn and refresh, network and make new acquaintances and friends. Trained club officers are the best predictor of club success. Here are some other reasons to participate:
- Free training on the nuts and bolts of your respective officer roles
- Training helps your club meet Goal #9 of the Distinguished Club Program
- Engaging and Informative Optional/Elective Sessions
- Virtual Networking with other Toastmaster members
The summer season of Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) club officer training runs from June 1, 2023, through September 2023. Lots of TLI events are being scheduled in nearby Washington, Maryland, and Virginia, so everyone is certain to find at least one that is perfectly convenient to them.
Remember, club officers must attend a second 2-hour session for their specific club officer role that starts July 1, 2023. If you attend a session outside of District 36, please make certain that you identify yourself, your club office, your club, and your District (ours is District 36) wherever you take your training.
Besides “core training,” a lot of general-interest courses will be offered on such topics as effective evaluations, spice up your meetings with themes, how to navigate pathways, and so on – so TLI events are valuable for everyone, not just the club officers!
Tips for Virtual TLI
- For officers, please read your officer manual prior to attending classes. Download a copy from the Toastmasters International Website.
- Be sure to pre-register. Make sure you provide your club number and district number. If you hold the same position in multiple clubs, be sure to indicate that on the online registration form.
- Plan to join early to prepare for the virtual training and address any possible technical issues prior to the start of the meeting.
- Make sure you are in a quiet space without interruptions and/or background noise.
- Be an active listener.
- Share your experiences and participate in class discussions.
- Encourage other officers to attend.