Public Relations is responsible for coordinating an active public relations and publicity program in the district. By establishing and maintaining lines of communication between the district and its clubs, as well as between the district and the public. The Public Relations Manager (PRM) works to increase awareness of Toastmasters through local news media and social media. Responsibilities include:
- Protecting the Toastmasters brand.
- Creating a publicity calendar to promote district and club events.
- Communicating Toastmasters’ key messages to members, potential members and journalists.
- Collaborating with district leaders to promote district activities and initiatives.
- Providing training and PR resources to club VPPRs in the district.
Follow us on Facebook and Meetup to stay abreast of district announcements and get event reminders.
District 36 Facebook - www.facebook.com/groups/district36
District 36 Meetup - www.meetup.com/district36-org
Club VPPRs are encouraged to create a free account on Meetup.com and join the District 36 Meetup group to promote their clubs. The Club VPPR will then be assigned as an Event Host to manage club meetings on the District's Meetup Page. As an Event Host, the VPPR can edit and cancel events, change the location if necessary, and contact members. For more information send an email to email@example.com.
If you would to volunteer to serve on one the Public Relations Committees, contact our Public Relations Manager, Malene Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org