Education and Training is responsible for all aspects of education and training within the district. This includes supporting quality club programming efforts, promoting the Distinguished Club Program, and planning and executing the District conference. The Program Quality Director (PQD) responsbilities include:
- Promoting the Toastmasters’ Pathways Education Program.
- Providing and promoting training for all club officers.
- Supporting club quality and member retention.
- Supervising and coordinating district-wide speech contests.
- Planning, organizing, and directing the annual District Conference.
Some District 36 Education Programs and Committees include:
1. The Education committee - promotes the Education Program and assists with club questions and training on the educational program.
2. The Distinguished Club Program (DCP) committee - promotes the Distinguished Club Program and assists club leadership with understanding how to develop and execute a Club Success Plan.
3. Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) - is offered to the members of District 36 bi-annually, in the winter and summer months. Its main purpose is to train and equip club officers to lead their respective clubs to success! By attending TLI, our club officers will learn the tools needed to not only help them carryout the Toastmasters mission in their clubs, but also grow personally and professionally.
4. The Youth Leadership program - is an extended workshop that enables young people under the age of 18 to develop their communication and leadership skills through practical experience. Programs are led by experienced Toastmasters and sponsored by a Toastmasters club or outside organization. Meetings follow a similar format of a Toastmasters club meeting with an agenda, prepared speeches, and impromptu speaking opportunities.
5. The District Conference Committee - is an exciting educational and networking event for District members. It is held annually in the month of May. The purpose of the District Conference is to:
• Provide a venue for the District Business Meeting.
• Provide a venue for District Speech Contests.
• Provide communication and leadership training opportunities that support the district mission.
• Provide opportunities for networking and the exchange of ideas.
• Recognize and celebrate member, club, and District accomplishments
Join us every First Sunday of the Month at 4:30 pm for relevant educational program training opportunities for all club members or officers with our Program Quality Director, Bonnie Maidak DTM.
Sunday, January 3, 2021
Sunday, February 7, 2021
Sunday, March 7, 2021
Sunday, April 11, 2021
Sunday, May 2, 2021
Sunday, June 6, 2021
If you would to volunteer to serve on one the Edcuation and Training Committees, contact our Program Quality Director. Bonnie Maidak at firstname.lastname@example.org.