District 36 Fall Education Summit
Transforming the Online with Optimism: Replenish, Revive, Re-engage with Yourself and Your Connections
Saturday, November 21, 2020
9:30 AM EST to 3:00 PM EST
Via Zoom [Teleconference]
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone and the District 36 Fall Education Summit has been designed to help fellow Toastmasters to continue their leadership and communication paths with meetings online. For Toastmasters, clubs, areas, division and the District, we are facing challenges with our member connections. District 36 is convening Toastmaster experts to come together to help you “Transforming the Online into Optimism: Replenish, Revive and Re-engage Yourself and Your Connections." This is our theme for the Education Summit to help you explore actionable ways for the transformation.
For Toastmasters, clubs, areas, division and the District we are facing challenges with our member connections. District 36 is convening Toastmaster experts to come together to help you “Transforming the Online into Optimism. Replenish, Revive and Re-engage Yourself and Your Connections." This is our theme for the Education Summit to help you explore actionable ways for the transformation.
Richard E. Peck, DTM, Toastmasters International President for the 2020-2021 program year will inspire you to replenish, revive, and optimize yourself with online global connections.
Learn from featured presenters focusing on transforming your virtual connection at work, at home, and in Toastmasters. We will have a panel discussion with the featured presenters with live questions and answers. We will top the day off, with optional breakout sessions to keep you connected with your fellow Toastmasters and have some fun.
Our past in-person conferences serve to inform, bolster, and inspire us. Plan to do the same virtually. This is a free event, and you must register to attend. You can expect expert presenters discussing issues relevant to all of us virtually. The Summit is planned to Replenish, Revive and Re-engage Toastmaster members to meet our new normal.
Please note, after completing registration, you will receive a confirmation with more details and access information closer to the day of the event.
- 09:45 AM – 10:00 AM • Webinar Opens
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM • Welcome and Announcements Opening Remarks [Sandra Coles-Bell, DTM, District 36 Director]
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM • Connecting Spiritually [Dilip Abayasekara, Ph.D., M.Div., DTM, AS]
- 10:45 AM – 10:55 AM • Break
- 10:55 AM – 11:25 AM • Elevate Your Online Energy: Connecting in the Virtual Work Environment [Christine Clapp, DTM]
- 10:45 AM – 10:55 AM • Break
- 11:35 AM – 12:05 PM • Connecting in Toastmasters: It's Always Been That Way [Pauline Shirley, DTM, PIP]
- 12:05 PM – 12:35 PM • Webinar Ends – Break for Lunch
- 12:35 PM – 1:00 PM • Zoom Room Re-Opens
- 01:00 PM – 01:05 PM • Welcome and Announcements
- 01:05 PM – O1:15 PM • International President Address [Richard E. Peck, DTM]
- 01:15 PM – 01:45 PM • Panel Discussion
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM • Networking Sessions [Optional]